Whether with his backing band, The Fustics, or performing as an acoustic artist, Brad Heller has established himself as a credible force among current songwriters. Honing his craft for over a decade and a half the Wilmington, North Carolina, transplant has built a reputation as a thoughtful songsmith who tackles a wide range of personal and social issues. Bouncing between a myriad of genres, Heller finds creative drive in honoring musical influences that inspired him, while never abandoning his own unique sound.
With the release of his latest album, The Sentence, Heller continues to build his audience with constant touring and spirited live shows. Heller’s music centers on middle-class characters while exploring themes of loss, self-imposed alienation, abandonment of faith, addiction, and immigration. Voted Wilmington’s “Best Original Rock Band,” Brad Heller and the Fustics will be hitting the road in full force in 2021.
“His sense of the order of things is apparent in every song he writes…Heller’s a world-class songwriter.”
“…Heller’s album, The Sentence, is evidence of his evolution as a socially-involved, profound songsmith…his most focused work, both musically and lyrically…fires on all cylinders from start to finish….seems to follow the mantra of Fogerty, Neil Young, Springsteen, and Mellencamp, showing us the heartland, the world of the working man….sets the scene and the emotion that any and everyone can connect to.”
“…his lyrics are evocative…music this good rarely finds itself on the airwaves…I’ll be playing this one in my head for the next few weeks.”
“Heller has become a voice for the common man…continues to forge his own identity…A consummate storyteller, his songs reverberate within everyman.”
“…the sound of Heller and company is hard to pin down…A natural storyteller…complete with mellow acoustic rhythms and cutting electric riffs…likens his songwriting to that of Kentucky’s Chris Knight.”
“They make honest to god rock and roll…at times sounding like The Jayhawks or even bigger bands like The Wallflowers…dramatic in the same way Van Morrison or Led Zeppelin can be in their quietest moment.”
“…taking the legacy of Redheaded Stranger, Nebraska, Blood on the Tracks, and Son Volt’s Trace in their own hands and hearts.”
BRAD HELLER & THE FUSTICS
- August 25th – 6 pm – Awendaw Barn Jam (Awendaw, SC)
- August 27th – 10 pm – Surf Bar (Folly Beach, SC)
- August 28th – 6 pm – Frog Level Brewing (Waynesville, NC)
- October 29th – 7 pm – Seven Mile Post (Wilmington, NC)
- October 30th – 9 pm – The Backstreet Pub (Beaufort, NC)
- December 10th – 7pm – Waterline Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
BRAD HELLER (Acoustic Duo)
- July 30th – 5:45 pm – Shoals Club (Bald Head Island, NC)
- July 31st – 7 pm – Hoplite (Carolina Beach, NC)
- August 20th – 6 pm – Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston, NC)
- September 1st – 6 pm – The Wine Rack (Southport, NC)
- September 3rd – 6 pm – Flytrap Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- September 30th – 6 pm – Edward Teach Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- October 8th – 7 pm – Hoplite (Carolina Beach, NC)
- October 9th – 7 pm – Ted’s on the River (Wilmington, NC)
- December 4th – 6 pm – Flytrap Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
Shipping to North America only.
Shipping to North America only.
“Arizona Winter” b/w “Eucharist”
7″ 45rpm TEST PRESSING – AUTOGRAPHED
ONLY 3 AVAILABLE!