Whether with his backing band, The Fustics, or performing as an acoustic artist, Brad Heller has established himself as a credible force among current songwriters. Honing his craft for over a decade and a half the Wilmington, North Carolina, transplant has built a reputation as a thoughtful songsmith who tackles a wide range of personal and social issues. Bouncing between a myriad of genres, Heller finds creative drive in honoring musical influences that inspired him, while never abandoning his own unique sound.
With the release of his latest album, The Sentence, Heller continues to build his audience with constant touring and spirited live shows. Heller’s music centers on middle-class characters while exploring themes of loss, self-imposed alienation, abandonment of faith, addiction, and immigration. Voted Wilmington’s “Best Original Rock Band,” look for upcoming shows by Brad Heller & the Fustics and the Fustics acoustic duo.
“His sense of the order of things is apparent in every song he writes…Heller’s a world-class songwriter.”
“…Heller’s album, The Sentence, is evidence of his evolution as a socially-involved, profound songsmith…his most focused work, both musically and lyrically…fires on all cylinders from start to finish….seems to follow the mantra of Fogerty, Neil Young, Springsteen, and Mellencamp, showing us the heartland, the world of the working man….sets the scene and the emotion that any and everyone can connect to.”
“…his lyrics are evocative…music this good rarely finds itself on the airwaves…I’ll be playing this one in my head for the next few weeks.”
“Heller has become a voice for the common man…continues to forge his own identity…A consummate storyteller, his songs reverberate within everyman.”
“…the sound of Heller and company is hard to pin down…A natural storyteller…complete with mellow acoustic rhythms and cutting electric riffs…likens his songwriting to that of Kentucky’s Chris Knight.”
“They make honest to god rock and roll…at times sounding like The Jayhawks or even bigger bands like The Wallflowers…dramatic in the same way Van Morrison or Led Zeppelin can be in their quietest moment.”
“…taking the legacy of Redheaded Stranger, Nebraska, Blood on the Tracks, and Son Volt’s Trace in their own hands and hearts.”
BRAD HELLER & THE FUSTICS (full band)
- March 2 @ WHQR – “Soup to Nuts” (Wilmington, NC)
- March 17 @ Backstreet Pub (Beaufort, NC)
- March 18 @ Smokey Joe’s (Charlotte, NC)
- March 25 @ Waterline Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- March 29 @ Red Barn Radio (Lexington, KY)
- March 31 @ Thomas St. Tavern (Charlotte, NC)
- April 1 @ Dogtown Roadhouse (Floyd, VA)
- May 12 @ Seven Mile Post (Wilmington, NC)
- May 13 @ Nash St. Tavern (Hillsborough, NC)
- May 24 @ Awendaw Barn Jam (Awendaw, SC)
- May 27 @ Waterline Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
BRAD HELLER (Acoustic Duo)
- December 3 @ Flytrap Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- December 6 @ WDVX – Blue Plate Special (Knoxville, TN)
- December 6 with Jangling Sparrow @ Preservation Pub (Knoxville, TN)
- December 7 with Jangling Sparrow @ Empty Glass (Charleston, WV)
- December 8 with Chris Long @ Market Street Social Club (Kingsport, TN)
- December 9 @ Oklawaha Brewing (Hendersonville, NC)
- December 10 @ Big Stone Gap General Store (Big Stone Gap, VA)
Shipping to North America only.
Shipping to North America only.
“Arizona Winter” b/w “Eucharist”
7″ 45rpm TEST PRESSING – AUTOGRAPHED
ONLY 3 AVAILABLE!