Whether with his backing band, The Fustics, or performing as an acoustic artist, Brad Heller has established himself as a credible force among current songwriters. Honing his craft for over a decade and a half the Wilmington, North Carolina, transplant has built a reputation as a thoughtful songsmith who tackles a wide range of personal and social issues. Bouncing between a myriad of genres, Heller finds creative drive in honoring musical influences that inspired him, while never abandoning his own unique sound.
With the forthcoming release of his sixth album, Heller continues to build his audience with constant touring and spirited live shows. Heller’s music centers on middle-class characters while exploring themes of loss, self-imposed alienation, abandonment of faith, addiction, and immigration. Voted Wilmington’s “Best Original Rock Band,” look for upcoming shows by Brad Heller & the Fustics and the Fustics acoustic duo.
“His sense of the order of things is apparent in every song he writes…Heller’s a world-class songwriter.”
“…Heller’s album, The Sentence, is evidence of his evolution as a socially-involved, profound songsmith…his most focused work, both musically and lyrically…fires on all cylinders from start to finish….seems to follow the mantra of Fogerty, Neil Young, Springsteen, and Mellencamp, showing us the heartland, the world of the working man….sets the scene and the emotion that any and everyone can connect to.”
“…his lyrics are evocative…music this good rarely finds itself on the airwaves…I’ll be playing this one in my head for the next few weeks.”
“Heller has become a voice for the common man…continues to forge his own identity…A consummate storyteller, his songs reverberate within everyman.”
“…the sound of Heller and company is hard to pin down…A natural storyteller…complete with mellow acoustic rhythms and cutting electric riffs…likens his songwriting to that of Kentucky’s Chris Knight.”
“They make honest to god rock and roll…at times sounding like The Jayhawks or even bigger bands like The Wallflowers…dramatic in the same way Van Morrison or Led Zeppelin can be in their quietest moment.”
“…taking the legacy of Redheaded Stranger, Nebraska, Blood on the Tracks, and Son Volt’s Trace in their own hands and hearts.”
Upcoming Shows – 2023
BRAD HELLER & THE FUSTICS (full band)
- September 25 @ Preservation Pub (Knoxville, TN)
- September 26 @ Preservation Pub (Knoxville, TN)
- September 27 @ The Empty Glass (Charleston, WV)
- September 28 @ The Grey Eagle (Asheville, NC)
- September 29 @ Thomas Street Tavern (Charlotte, NC)
- September 30 @ Grove Vineyards (Elon, NC)
- October 27 @ Backstreet Pub (Beaufort, NC)
- October 28 @ Thomas Street Tavern (Charlotte, NC)
- December 2 @ Backstreet Pub (Beaufort, NC)
BRAD HELLER (Acoustic Duo)
- October 26 @ Edward Teach Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- November 10 @ Flytrap Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
- November 17 @ Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston, NC)
- December 5 @ Wrightsville Beach Brewing (Wilmington, NC)
Shipping to North America only.
Shipping to North America only.
“Arizona Winter” b/w “Eucharist”
7″ 45rpm TEST PRESSING – AUTOGRAPHED
ONLY 3 AVAILABLE!